Pages

Sunday 18 March 2018

Blogging

So, I'm not a blogger, and a lot of my post were just lists of things I was planning on doing. I want my blog to be a bit more positive and be records of positive stuff I have done.

I've subsequently deleted my posts other than my first post - a window into my past learning experience, as it's a reminder of what I came from and where I'm hoping to be.

I like the #clearthelist tag run by Lindsay Williams, Shannon Kennedy, Angel Pretot and Kris Broholm.

Other than this post, I aim to only have one "planning" post a month, and it wont really be a planning post, it will be the Clear the List post, stating my goals for the upcoming month and an action plan for achieving those goals.

So, what languages do I want to work on for the remainder of the month?

After having a good three four months away from languages (other than French), I feel invigorated and want to jump right into learning 20 languages! Ha! Seriously though, I need to come up with a workable plan to include language learning in my hectic life! I work full time, I run a Girl Guide unit weekly, I run a craft group twice a month, I go swimming weekly, I attend an astronomy group twice a month, as well as find time to spend with my partner and friends. It is still possible to find time for language if you are serious about it.

English (native)

  • Learn and understand one grammar rule.

Welsh (native)

  • Learn and understand one grammar rule.
  • Find a radio show or podcast to listen to.
  • Teach my partner one new phrase and two new words a week.
  • One Instagram post in Welsh a week.

French (upper beginner)

  • Learn and understand one grammar rule.
  • Grammar drills to solidify my understanding.
  • One Instagram post in French a week.
  • One blog post a week in French.

Swedish (complete beginner)

  • Play Word Feud with my Swedish friend.
  • Find pronunciation videos on Youtube. 

Polish (complete beginner)

  • Learn three words a week - add post its around the house.

Japanese (complete beginner)

  • Learn to read and write Hiragana and Katakana

No comments:

Post a Comment